The Tech Approach describes how product will be implemented. In mature organizations Technical Approach for a each individual product aligns well with Tech Strategy of the company.
Tech approach must specify details of how product will be implemented.
Well written tech approach usually has following components:
- High-level introduction about product we are building (3 sentences)
- Tech Stack - what language / ecosystem are we going to use to implement the product?
- Integrity - how would this app be integrated into suite of existing apps?
- Communication - how would this app communicate with other apps? JSON REST API? Grpc? GraphQL?
- How state is managed? How are we going to store files?
- Database - do we need a relational db or document or graph db? Why?
- Automation - CI/CD pipelines, infrastructure provisioning
- 3rd party API integrations
- Buy vs Build: is it possible to buy some parts?
- FAQ: include answers to some critical questions that a reader may have. Expect reader (imagine senior technologist at a company reading this and coming up with tricky questions to argue your choice)